Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!


A few weeks ago, my mom and I met in Cherry Hill for a little retail therapy.  Part of our adventure was a stop for lunch at Maggianos.  If you're ever wondering why I'm so pleasantly plump...just ask my mother.  The woman MUST have chocolate after every meal and, obviously, her daughter is no different.

So, we went to lunch and my mom ordered a GIANT piece of chocolate cake.  It was so awesome that my mom and I decided that we needed to recreate it for Easter dinner.  Here's what I did.





First, I made a chocolate cake.  I cut the cake into 4 layers.  Then, I made homemade chocolate mousse (what a pain!).  I took one layer of cake and placed it in the bottom of a bowl.  I filled the layer with chocolate mousse and repeated 4 times.  I put the cake in the freezer overnight.  In the morning, I covered the entire cake in ganache and decorated it with buttercream to look like an Easter egg.  This cake was seriously decadent!

0 comments:

Post a Comment