Saturday, April 11, 2009

Playing with...Fondant?



Although I have a very open love for buttercream, I have recently been toying with the idea of trying to use fondant. I won't lie...I was against it at first...but I figured it was time to branch out. This cake was my first fondant attempt. It's a chocolate cake filled with vanilla buttercream covered in white fondant. I made mini chocolate cupcakes and piped pink and purple hydrangea-like flowers on top, then I piped a simple border on the base. It was a success! Maybe next time it will be tiers AND fondant!

5 comments:

KMK said...

Stunning! Absolutely incredible! I can't believe it!

~pen~ said...

your cakes and cupcakes blow me away girlie girl :)

(did you see the movie "stranger than fiction?" maggie gylenhall's character was in law school but dropped out because she did all the baking for the study sessions and found she enjoyed that more...just sayin' is all :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Lindsey, that cake is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

that is the most beautiful cake ever! i love the flowers. it's amanda holland, btw, i don't know if i have a sign-in for this :)

Lena said...

AMAZING!!! this is my favorite of my favorites.

Post a Comment