Monday, September 6, 2010

An Untraditional Bridal Shower Cake



About a month ago a girl at work asked me to make a bridal shower cake for one of our co-workers.  Apparently, the bride LOVES beer.  So, for her work bridal shower, the host wanted a cooler cake filled with the bride's favorite beer.

I stacked 3 quarter sheet cakes and covered them in fondant.  Then, I covered rice crispy treats in white fondant and assembled them to look like a cooler.  My friend Kelly helped me out and Greg made us dinner!  It was a lot of work but it turned out really great!

1 comments:

Cake+Love said...

This was so much fun! The pictures just don't do it justice. This project turned out amazing! There are bottles of beer inside the cake! Hello! And honestly, the cake itself is so moist, dense and delicious that it really does rank up there among the best cake I've ever eaten! You amaze me & I was thrilled to be able to help out! XOXOXO

Post a Comment