Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Skylar!










Today was my nephew Skylar's 5th birthday.  He LOVES Super Mario Brothers so I decided to make a Super Mario Brothers cake.  There were about 30 people at the party and I thought a tiered cake would be much more exciting than a sheet cake.  I frosted the entire cake in blue buttercream and used fondant to make the decorations.  Everything on the cake is edible.  My mom was my sous chef this time.  It took the two of us 8 hours to pull this one off.  I have to say, though, it might just be my favorite cake ever.  There is something about fondant that makes it so appropriate for the cartoon look.  It was just so perfect here.  Most importantly, Skylar loved it!

1 comments:

Cake+Love said...

There are no words. You are my idol. Hands down.

Post a Comment